Kester Search Group prides itself on having a great team culture. Our goal is for everyone to be happy to come to work and enjoy what they do, as we believe this helps drive individual and company success.
Below you will find a list of initiatives that have helped foster a positive team culture at KSG. Give them a try with your own team and see what happens!
- Hire good people
- When going through the interview / hiring process, ask yourself the questions:
Who would be a good fit for our team?
Is this someone that you genuinely like and would enjoy spending time with?
Will this person work hard and be successful?
- Plan (Optional, No Pressure) Team Building Activities outside of the office
- Team Happy Hours: Use this as a chance to support a local business
- Team Volunteer Opportunities: KSG has volunteered at Habitat for Humanity and Meals on Wheels, and both have been fun and rewarding experiences
- Group Workouts: Every quarter, as a team, we try a new local gym or exercise class
- Encourage Employee Wellness
- Gym or Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Participate in Local 5Ks
- Fix Your Wheel Day – offer your employees a paid day off, once a quarter, to focus on areas or their life that needs improvement (health, financial planning, personal appointments, etc.)
- Make your office a happy place to work
- Treat your team to lunch (order in or eat out as a team)
- Provide snacks and drinks in the office
- Plan icebreakers at meetings to keep things light and learn about your teammates
- Celebrate milestones: birthdays, work anniversaries, etc
- Give company swag to your team
- Find creative ways to engage remote employees: send a gift card for coffee / lunch; virtual coffee or happy hours
- Team One-on-Ones: time for team members to spend one on one with each other to get to know each other better
Our team recently read the book “How I Built This” by Guy Raz. On the topic of team culture, Raz quotes Kim Jordan, co-founder of New Belgium Brewing Company, ”We spend a lot of time at this thing called work, so it should feel good”. Try a few of our ideas to make your company a place where its employees feel good. And let us know any fun culture building initiatives that have worked for you!